How to setup Ivacy VPN PPTP on MX Linux 19.1
Here’s a complete guide to setup PPTP on MX Linux 19.1. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
If you want to set up IvacyVPN on MX Linux using the PPTP protocol, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Launcher option and select/open the “Xfce Terminal” from there.
- Now you need to install PPTP packages. Type the following commands one by one:
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install pptpd
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-pptp-gnome
• apt-get install network-manager-pptp
- Click on “Ethernet Network Connections” icon then “VPN Connections” and then select “Add a VPN Connection…” option.
- Select ‘Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)’ from the drop-down list under the VPN Connection Type and click the “Create” button.
- Insert the following info:
• Insert Connection name: IvacyVPN
• Insert Gateway: ukm1.dns2use.com (Here we use ukm1.dns2use.com you can also use your desired server address,click here for more server addresses)
• Insert Username provided by IvacyVPN
• Insert Password provided by IvacyVPN
- Click on “Advanced…” option and check the following options under it:
• Allow BSD compression
• Allow Deflate compression
• Allow TCP Header compression
• Click “OK”
- Click on “Save” and close the “Networks” window.
- Now Click on Ethernet Network Connections” Icon, go the “VPN Connections” tab and click on the newly created VPN connection, to connect to Ivacy VPN.
- You are connected to Ivacy VPN now!