How to setup Ivacy SSTP on Kubuntu
If you want to set up Ivacy on Kubuntu using the SSTP protocol. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
You can do so by following these simple steps:
- Open the “Konsole” from the Task bar.
- To install SSTP dependencies type the following commands one by one:
• sudo bash
• sudo add-apt-repository ppa:eivnaes/network-manager-sstp
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-sstp
- Click on “Networks” Icon and select the “Configure Network selection” option.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add a VPN connection.
- Select “Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)” as your connection type.
- Now enter the following details:
• Insert desired server address in “Gateway” (Here we have used: usca1.dns2use.com)
check here to check more server addresses.
• Insert Username provided by Ivacy
• Insert Password provided by Ivacy
• Check the ‘Ignore Certificate Warnings’ option
• Click on “Advanced…“
- Check the following options:
• Allow BSD compression
• Allow Deflate compression
• Allow TCP Header compression
• Click “OK” and then “Apply” to save the profile
- Now Click on “Networks” Icon and select the newly created VPN connection, click on “Connect” button to connect to Ivacy.
- You are successfully connected to VPN now!