How to setup OpenVPN on MX Linux 19.1
The following is required for OpenVPN client to work on MX Linux. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
• A working installation of MX Linux (This guide uses MX Linux 19.1 64-bit)
• A device with internet access.
• Own a premium IvacyVPN account
- First, open the web browser (Firefox) and download the IvacyVPN OpenVPN configuration files by Clicking here and extracting them.
- Then go to the Launcher option and select/open the “Xfce Terminal” from there.
3. Now you need to install OpenVPN packages. Type the following commands one by one:
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install openvpn
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome
4. Click on “Ethernet Network Connections” Icon then “VPN Connections” and then select “Add a VPN Connection…” option.
5. Select ‘Import a saved VPN Configuration…’ from the drop-down list under the VPN Connection Type and click on “Create” button.
6. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the OpenVPN files and select your desired .ovpn file to connect.
7. When the new window appears, enter the following information:
• Insert Connection name: IvacyVPN
• Insert Gateway: (already selected/entered)
• Connection Type: Password from drop down menu
• Insert Username provided by IvacyVPN
• Insert Password provided by IvacyVPN
• CA Certificate: Already uploaded.
• Сlick “Save” button.
8. Click on “Save” and close the “Networks” window.
9. Now Click on Ethernet Network Connections” Icon, go the “VPN Connections” tab and click on the newly created VPN connection, to connect to IvacyVPN.
10. You are now connected to IvacyVPN!