How to setup Ivacy VPN SSTP on Linux Fedora
Follow these simple steps to configure SSTP protocol on Fedora-31. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
The process will be broken down into two parts.
Part 1: Download and Install required packages.
- Go to the ‘Activities’ and search and open the ‘Terminal’.
- Now run the following commands step by step:
• sudo dnf install sstp-client
• sudo dnf install NetworkManager-sstp
• sudo dnf install NetworkManager-sstp-gnome
• sudo apt-get update
Part 2: Configure SSTP Protocol.
- Now Select the following options:
• Click on “Network Connection Icon”
• Go to “Wired Connected” and select “Wireless Settings”
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add a VPN connection and select ‘SSTP’ option.
- Now enter the following details:
• Insert Name as “Ivacy”
• Insert desired server address in “Gateway” (Here we use usca1.dns2use.com , to check the complete list check here)
• Insert Username provided by Ivacy
• Insert Password provided by Ivacy
• CA Certificate is set to ‘None’
• Click on “Add“
- Now, click the “Network Connection Icon”
- Go to “VPN” and select “Connect” option to connect to VPN.
- You are successfully connected to VPN now!
- Click on the ‘Turn Off’ option to disconnect the VPN connection.