How to setup L2TP on Xubuntu 19.10
If you want to set up Ivacy on Xubuntu using the L2TP protocol, you can do so by following these steps. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
- Go to the “Launcher” option and select/open the “Terminal Emulator” from there.
- Now you need to install SSTP packages. Type the following commands one by one:
• sudo add-apt-repository ppa:eivnaes/network-manager-sstp
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install sstp-client
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-sstp
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-sstp-gnome
- Click on “Network” option and then select “Edit Connections…” option.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add a VPN connection and select ‘Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)’ from the drop-down list and click on “Create” button.
- Insert the following info:
• Insert Connection name: Ivacy
• Insert Gateway: usca1.dns2use.com (Here we use usca1.dns2use.com you can also use your desired server address, https://support.ivacy.com/servers-list/ for more server addresses.)
• Insert Username provided by Ivacy
• Insert Password provided by Ivacy
• Ignore Certificate Warnings: Checked
- Click on “Save” and close the “Network Connections” window.
- Now click the “Network” Icon, go the “VPN Connections” tab and click on the newly created VPN connection, to connect to Ivacy.
- You are connected to Ivacy now!