How to setup L2TP on Linux Lite 4.3
You can now set up L2TP VPN protocol on Linux lite 4.3 by using Ivacy. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
Simply follow this guide to get started:
- Go to Menu option and search and open Terminal Emulator.
- Install the necessary L2TP packages. Type the following commands one by one:
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp-gnome
• sudo apt-get install xl2tpd
- Go to the Menu and open Network Connections option, then click on the ‘+’ icon to create a new VPN connection.
- Select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) option. Click Create.
- When a new window appears, enter the following information:
• Enter Connection name: Ivacy
• Enter Gateway: dns2use.com (you can use your desired server address here, in order to see the complete list click here)
• Enter Username provided by Ivacy
• Enter Password provided by Ivacy
- Go to the ‘IPsec Settings…’ button.
• Check the ‘Enable Ipsec tunnel to IPsec host’
• Pre-share key: 12345678
• Then specify connection algorithms in Advanced section:
• For phase 1= 3des-sha1-modp1024 and
• For phase 2 = 3des-sha1
• Click OK
- Go to the ‘PPP Settings…’ button.
Only allow the following options:
Also, select the following:
• Allow BSD data compression
• Allow Deflate data compression
• Use TCP header compression
- Click OK, then Save button.
- Go to the Ethernet Network option and under VPN Connections select the newly created Ivacy connection to activate VPN.
- You are connected to VPN now!