How to setup Ivacy VPN on Manjaro 18.1.5. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
You can enjoy better internet security and freedom on your Manjaro 18.1.5 OS with Ivacy VPN. Here’s a complete tutorial that you can follow to configure the Ivacy VPN:
- Open FireFox and download the SSTP network manager packages from the link below by clicking on the “Download from mirror” option.
- Click the Applications Launcher Icon and open Terminal from there.
- Now, run the following commands one by one to extract and install the SSTP client and network manager packages.
• cd Downloads/
• sudo tar -xvf network-manager-sstp-1.2.6-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
• sudo pacman -S network-manager-sstp
• sudo pacman -S sstp-client
- Now, click Networks Icon and select Configure Network selection option.
- Click the ‘+’ icon to add a VPN connection and select Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP) as your connection type.
- Enter the following information:
• Enter Connection name: IvacyVPN
• Enter Gateway: ukm1.dns2use.com (you can use your desired server address here, in order to see the complete list click here)
• Enter Username provided by IvacyVPN
• Enter Password provided by IvacyVPN
• Check the ‘Ignore Certificate Warnings’ option.
- Click Advanced option and check the following options under it:
• Allow BSD compression
• Allow Deflate compression
• Allow TCP Header compression
• Click on “OK”
- Click Save and close the Networks window.
- Now, click Networks Icon and select the newly created VPN connection, click Connect to connect to Ivacy VPN.
- You are connected to Ivacy VPN now!