The following is required for the L2TP-VPN client to work on MX Linux. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
• A working installation of MX Linux (This guide uses MX Linux 19.1 64-bit)
• A device with internet access.
• Own a premium Ivacy account (If you do not already own one, you can buy a subscription from https://www.ivacy.com/buy-vpn/)
- Go to the Launcher option and select the “Xfce Terminal”
- Now you need to install the necessary L2TP packages. Type the following commands one by one:
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp-gnome network-manager-strongswan libstrongswan-standard-plugins libstrongswan-extra-plugins
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp
• sudo apt-get install xl2tpd
- Click on “Ethernet Network Connections” Icon then “VPN Connections” and then select “Add a VPN Connection…” option.
- Select ‘Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)’ from the drop-down list under the VPN Connection Type and click on “Create” button.
- Enter the following information:
• Insert Connection name: Ivacy
• Insert Gateway: usca1.dns2use.com (Here we use usca1.dns2use.com you can also use your desired server address, https://support.ivacy.com/servers-list/ to view the complete list)
• Insert Username provided by Ivacy
• Insert Password provided by Ivacy
- Now, Go to the ‘IPsec Settings…’ option.Check the ‘Enable Ipsec tunnel to IPsec host’
• Pre-share key: 12345678
• Then specify connection algorithms in Advanced section:For phase 1= 3des-sha1-modp1024 and
• For phase 2 = 3des-sha1
• Enforce UDP Encapsulation: UncheckedClick ‘OK’
- Now, go to the ‘PPP Settings…’.
Only allow the following options:
Also, select the following:
• Allow BSD data compression
• Allow Deflate data compression
• Use TCP header compression
- Click “Save” and close the “Network Connections” window.
- Now Click on Ethernet Network Connections” Icon, go the “VPN Connections” tab and click on the newly created VPN connection, to connect to Ivacy You are now connected to Ivacy!