How to setup Ivacy VPN on Manjaro 18.1.5 OpenVPN
You can enjoy better internet security and freedom on your Manjaro 18.1.5 OS with Ivacy VPN. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
Here’s a complete tutorial that you can follow to configure the Ivacy VPN:
- Open FireFox and download OpenVPN configuration files
- Right-click the Server.zip file and Extract the files into a folder of your choosing.
- Click the Networks Icon and select Configure Network selection option.
- Click the ‘+’ icon to add a VPN connection and select Import VPN Connection… option.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the OpenVPN files and select your desired file to connect.
- When asked to Copy the certificates click Yes.
- Enter the following information:
• Insert Connection name: IvacyVPN
• Insert Gateway: (already selected/entered)
• Connection Type: Password from drop down menu
• Insert Username provided by IvacyVPN
• Insert Password provided by IvacyVPN
• Click on folder icon for CA Certificate and upload the ca.crt.crt file.
- Click Advanced.
From General tab select following options:
Check Use custom gateway port: For UDP insert 53 and For TCP insert 80
Note: For TCP connection select “Use a TCP Connection…..”
From Security tab select following options:
• From Cipher: Select AES-256-CBC
• From HMAC Authentication: Select SHA-1
From TLS Settings:
• Mode = TLS-Auth
• Key File = Click on folder icon next to Key File. Go to OpenVPN downloaded folder, select keyand click “Open”
• Key Direction = Client (1)
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and close Networks window.
- Now, click Networks Icon and select the newly created VPN connection, click Connect to connect to Ivacy VPN.
- You are connected to Ivacy VPN!