How to configure OpenVPN on Fedora 31
You can now configure Ivacy on Fedora 31. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
Consider the following tutorial if you wish to set up Ivacy on Fedora 31 using the OpenVPN protocol:
- Before beginning to set up OpenVPN on a device with Fedora, you need a premium Ivacy account and the required OpenVPN configuration files from here. The OpenVPN configuration files can be obtained from the link below using any browser.
- A new prompt will appear. Check the Save File box and click OK. The files are going to be available in your Downloads directory.
- Go to your Downloads directory, right-click the ZIP archive, and select Extract Here.
- The next step is to install the config files, which will require sudo privilege. Copy and paste the contents of the Zip file to directories that override Selinux, such as /etc/pki and /opt.
Follow the guidelines below when Selinux doesn’t allow Network-Manager to access certificate files that are needed by OpenVPN:
• Click Activities at the top left of the screen and type Terminal in the search field to open it.
• To copy the extracted files to /opt/ partition, you will first have to change your directory to Downloads. Run the following command
Enter command syntax : sudo cp -rp <sourcepath_to_file> <destination>
sudo cp -rp New+OVPN+Files /opt/
Change permission for the OpenVPN files and certificate to 644 so that everyone has access privilege
Enter command syntax : sudo chmod 644 <path_to_files/*>sudo chmod 644 New+OVPN+Files/*
- Now, follow these steps:
• Click the Network Connection icon
• Go to Wired Connected and select Wireless Settings
- Click the + icon to add a VPN connection and select the Import from File option.
- Go to the newly created directory with config files in the Opt folder. Select the file with .ovpn extension, and click the Open button.
- Now, use the following settings:
• Name: German-TCP (Or you can use your preferred connection name as well)
• Type: Choose Password from the drop-down menu
• User name: Your Ivacy user name
• Password: Your Ivacy password
Once done, click the Folder icon next to CA Certificate and add the ca.crt.crt file. Hit the Apply buttonViola! You are now connected.