It’s time to setup Ivacy VPN on your linux system. For this, you need to have an active internet connection and an Ivacy VPN account. If you have not subscribed for Ivacy VPN account, click here to subscribe now. This tutorial is based on command line setup on Debian Linux.
- On the command line, type the following command, to #install PPTP software
apt-get install pptp-linux
- Edit /etc/ppp/chap-secrets. Type the following command:
- Now, type the following command:
Email PPTP Password *
(for email, you should use your Ivacy email; and for password, you should use your Ivacy VPN password)
- #create /etc/ppp/peers/ivacy-us7 with the following command:
add the following commands:
pty "pptp usca1.dns2use.com --nolaunchpppd"
To add a route to the routing table
- In order to automatically add a new entry, whenever Ivacy VPN connection is established, you must create and edit the following command:
and change it to:
- Add the following command:
route add -net 10.0.0.0/8 dev ppp0
- To make the file executable, type the following command:
chmod +x /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ivacy-us7-route
- Connect Ivacy VPN with the following command
pppd call ivacy-us7
Now, you are connected to Ivacy VPN. Enjoy privacy with Ivacy VPN.
- To check the logs, type the following command:
tail -f /var/log/messages
If you are having any difficulty in setting up Ivacy VPN connection on your Debian Linux system, feel free to contact our customer support team.