How to setup Ivacy L2TP on Kubuntu
If you want to set up Ivacy on Kubuntu using the L2TP protocol. Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe to Ivacy VPN
You can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Konsole from the task bar.
- To install L2TP dependencies, type the following commands one by one:
• sudo bash
• apt update
• apt install network-manager-l2tp
- Click the Networks icon and select the Configure Network option.
- Click the + icon to add a VPN connection
- Select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) as your connection type.
- When a new window appears, enter the following information:
• Connection Name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding such as Ivacy, for example.
• Gateway: Enter the PPTP or L2TP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect with, example: usca1.dns2use.com
• Please check here for further server addresses.
• User name: Enter your Ivacy user name
• Password: Enter your Ivacy password
- Click the IPSec Settings button, and use the following settings:
• Check the Enable IPSec tunnel to L2TP
• Pre-shared key: 12345678
In the Advanced section, specific the connection algorithms:
• Phase 1 algorithms: 3des-sha1-modp1024
• Phase 2 algorithms: 3des-sha1
Once done, click OK.
- Now, click the PPP Settings button and use the following settings:• Check the Use Point to Point Encryption (MPPE) box
• Check the MSCHAP box
• Check the MSCHAPv2 box
• Check the Allow BSD data compression box
• Check the Allow Deflate data compression box
• Check the Use TCP header compression box
- Click OK and then Save.
- Now, click the Networks icon and select the newly created VPN connection. Hit the Connect button next to Ivacy.Voila! You are now connected