How to setup Ivacy VPN PPTP on Xubuntu 19.10
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe for Ivacy VPN
Here’s a complete tutorial to set up IvacyVPN on Xubuntu using the PPTP protocol, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Go to the “Launcher” option and select/open the “Terminal Emulator”.
- Now you need to install PPTP packages. Type the following commands one by one:
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get install pptpd
• sudo apt-get install network-manager-pptp-gnome
• apt-get install network-manager-pptp
- Click the “Network” option and then select “Edit Connections…” option.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add a VPN connection and select ‘Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)’ from the drop-down list and click “Create” button.
- Enter the following details:
• Insert Connection name: IvacyVPN
• Insert Gateway: ukm1.dns2ue.com (Here we use ukm1.dns2use.com you can also use your desired server address, click here for more server addresses)
• Insert Username provided by IvacyVPN
• Insert Password provided by IvacyVPN
- Click on “Advanced…” option and check the following options under it:
• Allow BSD compression
• Allow Deflate compression
• Allow TCP Header compression
• Click on “OK”
- Click on “Save” and close the “Network Connections” window.
- Now Click on “Network” Icon, go the “VPN Connections” tab and click on the newly created VPN connection, to connect to IvacyVPN.
- You are connected to Ivacy VPN now!