How to Configure Ivacy on Synology (L2TP)
Before you begin, please make sure:
- You must have an active internet connection.
- VPN Supported Router.
- Own a premium Ivacy account (If you do not already own one, you can buy a subscription from here)
- In your Synology’s Control Panel, click on “Network” and then the “Network Interface” tab. Click on “Create” > “Create VPN profile”.
- In the new window, select “L2TP/IPSec” and click Next.
- Now enter the following details for your VPN profile:
• Profile name: You can name this anything you like, e.g. the country / name of the server you’re connecting to.
• Server address: Here enter any of the servers. You can find them here
• User name: Here you should enter your Ivacy username
• Password: Here you should enter your Ivacy password
• Pre-shared key: 12345678
- The advanced settings of your VPN profile should be set as follows:
• Authentication: Choose “MS CHAP v2” from the drop-down menu.
• Please check (tick) the “Use default gateway on remote network” and “Reconnect when the VPN connection is lost” options.
- Now that you’ve created your VPN profile, you can click “Connect” whenever you wish.
- The status of your profile will now change to “Connecting“. Please note that this usually takes under a minute or so to finally connect.
- After waiting for your connection status to change to “Connected“, you can refresh your page if you so desire.