Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You must have an active internet connection.
- VPN Supported Router.
- Own a premium Ivacy account (If you do not already own one, you can buy a subscription from here)
Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how you can configure Ivacy on a Trendnet router using PPTP protocol.
Enter or copy-paste http://192.168.10.1 into your web browser. Your router will ask you to enter your username and password. Use the default credentials and hit “Login”.
Default username: admin
Default password: admin
- Next, click “Advanced” on the menu present on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Now, click “Administration” right below “Advanced” and then click on the “Setup” sub-tab.
- Once you enter the “Setup” tab, you will need to manually modify settings for the connection. Here is how to do it:
• Connection Type: From drop down menu select “PPTP”
• PPTP Server: Enter the address of your desired VPN server click here to get server list:
• Protocol of Physical Connection: Select “DHCP“
• DNS Servers: In the first box “188.8.131.52” and in the second box, “184.108.40.206“
• Username: Enter your registered with Ivacy
• Password: Enter your password set by you, during your registration with Ivacy
• On Demand Mode: Select “Disabled“
• Keep Alive Mode: Select “Enabled“
• MTU: Type “1452“
- Save the changes and apply them.You are connected with Ivacy VPN. Enjoy Privacy with Ivacy.