In this article, you will learn about setting up Ivacy VPN connection through network sharing.
Before you begin, please make sure:
- You must have an active internet connection.
- VPN Supported Router.Own a premium Ivacy account (If you do not already own one, you can buy a subscription from here)
As a Windows user, you can easily set up Ivacy VPN connection by using the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) option. There are a few steps involved that you have to follow, in order to set up Ivacy VPN connection on your Windows through network sharing.
Remember that before making VPN connection, you must connect Ethernet from your device to Apple TV, XBox, PS3, or PS4.
Without much delay, let’s begin.
- Right-click on the ‘Network’ icon on the taskbar of your system. Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’.
- On the left hand side, you see ‘Control Panel Home’. Click on ‘Change adapter settings’.
- Right click on VPN connection icon, for instance, ‘Ivacy PPTP’ in this case. Click on ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Sharing’ tab, check the ‘Allow Other Network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection’, checkbox. If a popup appears, click ‘OK’. Select ‘Local Area Connection’ from the ‘Select your private internet connection’ drop down menu. Keep all the other checkboxes unchecked, and click OK.
- Connect Ivacy and reboot your Apple TV, XBox, PS3, PS4 Console.
There you go! You have successfully setup Ivacy VPN for Windows on your Apple TV, XBox, PS3, PS4 devices.
In order to set up Ivacy VPN connection on Mac, follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘System Preferences’ and select ‘Sharing’.
- Select ‘Internet Sharing’.
- Select ‘Ivacy’ from the dropdown menu ‘Share your connection from’.
- Select ‘Ethernet’ and Internet Sharing’ checkbox.
- The icon turns Green. The sharing is now active. Now click ‘Ethernet’.
- From ‘Configure IPv4’ drop down menu, choose the ‘manually select IP’ option, instead of DHCP Type the IP address, for instance (192.168.25.1) and subnet mask, for instance (255.255.255.0).
- Connect your device to the Ethernet / LAN port of your Mac system.
- Go to your device network settings and use the IP 192.168.25.2, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and Router / Default gateway: 126.96.36.199 for PS3/Xbox etc.