In this article, you will learn about the manual configuration of Ivacy VPN as a hotspot for your system, using a Windows Operating System, for connecting Apple TV, XBox, Roku, Wii PS3 and PS4 consoles. The procedure is quite simple. Once configured, you can use your Ivacy VPN hotspot to access anything over the internet.
Before you begin, please make sure:
- You must have an active internet connection.
- Do make sure that the device you have, supports Windows Operating System.
- Also, ensure that you have an Ivacy account for this purpose. (If you haven’t bought an Ivacy account as yet, subscribe now).
By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can easily setup a VPN hotspot that supports all protocols, including PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN etc.
Without further delay, let’s start! To manually configure Ivacy VPN Wifi Hotspot, you have to follow these steps.
- Connect your system (Personal Computer) with the Ethernet cable, and check whether your internet connection is working or not.
- Go to ‘Start’ and type ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- Right-click on ‘cmd’ and select ‘Run as Administrator’ from the menu. If there is a need to provide the password, use the admin password to continue. Click ‘Yes’.
- On the black screen, known as ‘command prompt’, type the command, ‘netsh wlan show drivers’. Hit ‘Enter’.
The screen will give you information about ‘drivers’. Look out for ‘Hosted Network Supported’. If the hosted network supported is set to ‘Yes’, you can continue.
- Type the command, ‘netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=ivacy key=password’, and press the ‘Enter’ key. Your WiFi Network is established. Select a WiFi connection name and a password that you desire to use on this connection. For instance:
• Wifi Connection Name = ssid
• Your Desired Password = key
- Now type the command, ‘netsh wlan start hostednetwork’ and start your hosted WiFi Network.
Note: If you get the error message, ‘The hosted network couldn’t be started’, go to ‘Network Sharing Center’ and enable the ‘Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter’ and try again.
- Right click on ‘Wireless Network Connection, (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adaptor)’icon and go to ‘Properties’.
- Click on ‘Sharing’ tab and select ‘Allow Other Network User to connect through this computer’s Internet connection’. Now select the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter (Wireless network connection), from the dropdown menu, and select ‘Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection’. Click ‘OK’. Here you go! Your Ivacy WiFi Hotspot connection is ready.
- Connect to Ivacy VPN. Now you can connect any of your wifi-enabled devices to your Ivacy VPN WiFi Hotspot.
Enjoy Privacy with Ivacy VPN..!
Note: Every time you’ll restart your computer, you will need to run this command: ‘netsh wlan start hostednetwork’ (In order to automate you may have to create a batch file to run this automatically on boot up).