Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- A Premium Ivacy VPN account. If you haven’t subscribed yet, click here to subscribe for Ivacy VPN
Please download the OpenVPN files by clicking here
To Configure OpenVPN, please follow the given instructions:
1. Open your DDWRT Control Panel and Select ‘Services’ then go to VPN tab and Enable ‘OpenVPN Client’
2. Insert the following info:
- Enter your desired Country / Server address in Server IP / Name box. Open .ovpn file to get the server address.
- In the ‘Port’ field, enter 53 for UDP and 80 for TCP.
- Select ‘TUN’ from Tunnel Device drop down menu.
- In Tunnel Protocol, select UDP for port number 53 or TCP for port number 80.
- In Encryption Cipher field, select encryption level AES-256 CBC.
- For Hash Algorithm, select SHA1.
- Enable the User Pass Authentication.
- Enter your email address and password registered with Ivacy.
3. Enable Advanced options and insert the following info:
- For TLS Cipher select ‘None’.
- In LZO Compression tab select ‘Adaptive’.
- Disable NAT and also disable Firewall protection.
- Leave the IP address and Subnet Mask field unfilled.
- Disable the ‘Tunnel UDPMSS-Fix’ option.
- For TLS Auth Key, go to the downloaded OpenVPN files. Open the file titled ‘WDC.key’ in notepad, copy all its content and paste it in the TLS Auth Key field.
- For CA Cert, once again open the downloaded OpenVPN files. Now, open the file titled ‘CA.crt’ in notepad, copy all its content and paste it in the CA cert field.
- Now, save and apply the settings
Note: For some Disabling NAT gives error MANAGEMENT: Client connected from [AF_INET]127.0.0.1:16 so Enable NAT then try again
4. Now, click on the Security Tab at the top menu bar. Select Firewall tab and disable SPI firewall option. Once again, click on ‘Save’ and ‘Apply settings’
5. Now, click on ‘Management Tab’ go at the bottom and click on ‘Save’ and then ‘Apply settings’. You need to reboot your router, once router reboots, open the router panel and click on ‘Status’ and select ‘OpenVPN’. You can see your VPN status from this window.
If you face any issue in configuring Ivacy on your device, please contact our Customer Support Services or email us at [email protected] for any further assistance.